The house is yours, you did it!
The thrill of finally finding a place that meets all your needs and preferences, and the anticipation of making it your own, can create a sense of euphoria that is hard to replicate. From choosing the location and style of the home, to browsing through countless listings and attending open houses, the entire process can feel like a thrilling adventure. The thought of starting fresh in a new space and creating new memories can be a powerful motivator, and the sense of accomplishment that comes with finally closing the deal on your dream home is unmatched. Whether you are a firsttime homebuyer or a seasoned homeowner, the excitement of purchasing a new house can be truly unforgettable.
Now that the deal is done, that is where we come in. While modern cars are expected to have back up cameras, blind spot detection, automatic cruise control, and more; technology in the modern home can feel like an afterthought. At VHS we believe that a properly curated technology solution for your home can make life more convenient, safer, and more fun. Keep scrolling or things to consider.
New Home Technology Checklist
- Internet Service Provider: First things first, you need to figure out who your internet service provider in your area is. We recommend ordering your internet to be installed right after closing.
- Ethernet Cabling: Some homes come prewired with data cables while a lot do not. If you work from home, have family members that do a lot of online gaming, or just want the reliability of hardwired connections ethernet is the way to go. Check and see what is in place already, or we can help come up with a plan to ensure you have your bases covered.
- WiFi: Directly related to the above to bullets, and the most important thing for most people... Is your WiFi going to work EVERYWHERE in the home?! We can help to ensure that everywhere in the house is covered and we recommend doing this before everything is moved in. There are also some key things to consider to ensure the connection is not only reliable, but also safe & secure.
- Security: When you move into your new house it is important that you re-key your locks or if you have smart locks, be sure to factory reset them so there aren't random keys or door codes in other peoples hands. Tired of keys? Smart locks are a great addition to any home and the convenience is unmatched.
- Cameras: Home security cameras provide a sense of safety and peace of mind, as they allow homeowners to monitor their property and loved ones from anywhere at any time. Installing home security cameras can act as a deterrent for potential intruders, as the presence of visible cameras may discourage them from attempting to break in. In the unfortunate event of a break-in or other criminal activity, home security cameras can provide valuable evidence to law enforcement and increase the chances of identifying and apprehending the perpetrator.
Interested in learning more? Click here to download our detailed new new home technology checklist that covers the above bullets in more detail, as well as more info on TV/Audio mounting and cable management, work from home solutions, smart lighting, home theatre, golf simulators, and much more.